Create a new quote or copy an existing one to outline the cost of work that a customer needs to be done. You can enter line by line details of the proposed quotation as well as attach any additional files, such as images or your businesses’ terms and conditions. In the Sales menu, select Quotations.
- Click “+Add Sale Quotation”
- Enter the name of the customer you’re sending the quote to. If you use multi-currency, you can enter your quote in the currency of the customer.
- If the customer is not existing in the system you can directly add the customer right from the current screen by just writing the customer name and click enter, a form will be open for an additional customer you can save it and make a further transaction.
- Click Type to search product and select the product, if it is not existing then you can enter the product directly the same as the customer name. Type the description of the product, then add the Quantity and Price.
- You can add a line item discount and multiple taxes in a single product as per your needs.
- Click Save and Continue Edit to save the quote as a draft, or click Save and Approve to approve or click Save and Pending to mark the quote as pending and enter a new quote or click Save and New to record a new quote and save the previous one or click Save and Close to close the quote and save the quote in draft status.
- Customer: Enter the name of the customer you would like to sell your products to. If you enter a name that’s not already a contact, Splendid Account adds it to your Customer list.
- Date: This is set as default to the current date. You can change this also.
- Expiry Date: Let your customer know the date you expect them to confirm their quote.
- Number: Use Splendid Accounts default numbering sequence or you can add your number sequence by clicking on number code and then a “+ “sign
- Reference: Choose a reference to suit your company. Later, you may want to search for your quote using your chosen reference.
- Master Group: This field appears only if you have enabled Groups. Groups let you customize the quote in many ways.
- Currency: If you have a Business Edition plan with multi-currency, you can select a foreign currency customer that you’ve already added, you can edit the exchange rate if required. If you entered a default currency customer, it automatically displays.
- Exchange Rate: This field will display if you select a customer of such currency that is different from your company’s currency so that you have to provide an exchange rate for the particular customer.
- Order Booker: This field appears only if you have enabled. Let your customer know which order booker will go and collect the order. You can add multiple order bookers under the Sales Person menu.
- Sales Man: This field appears only if you have enabled. This will display a list of all the salesmen you have entered into the system.
- Delivery Person: This field appears only if you have enabled. Select the delivery person of your choice for a particular customer, also you can choose based on areas.
- Add Quick/Scan Product: You can also Scan your multiple products directly from the Barcode scanner or enter a product name or Product number through the Add Quick product box.
Line Item Fields:
- Product: Select products if you have inventory products set up for your organization. Inventory products speed up data entry by automatically filling in the product field with information you’ve saved against your inventory products.
If you enter a product that’s not already in inventory, Splendid Account adds it to your inventory.
- Product Description: Enter text as you’d like to describe the products, you’re sailing. You can include description lines in your product’s short description that will automatically display at line item.
- Quantity: Enter the quantity number of products you want to sell.
- Price: Splendid Accounts display the default product price that you have set in the product form or also you can enter your price.
- Last Sale Price: This display of you click in the price field, representing the last selling price of the product.
- Discount: Splendid Accounts has 3 different types of line item discount i.e.
(1. Discount% 2. Discount in Amount 3. Discounted price per unit) you can enter your discount as per supplier agreement.
- Tax: Splendid Account has an option to add multiple Tax on products. If you have set up the product tax in product form default tax will be display. Or you can add additional tax into it.
- Detail Group A: This field appears only if you have enabled Groups. Groups let you customize the quote in many ways.
- Detail Group B: This field appears only if you have enabled Groups. Groups let you customize the quote in many ways.
- Amount: This is the calculated amount of customers have to pay against a product.
Add discount to transactions
Splendid accounts are offering 3 ways for giving line item discounts in a transaction.
Discount per Amount: It means giving a discount on the price given for an item in a line item.
Discount in percentage: Gives % discount for an item
Discounted price per unit: This Price will be considered as the main price for the line item rather than purchase price user set under the product page.
Add Master Group And Sub Group To A Quote
Splendid Accounts is offering you to have an additional filter named Groups under Company settings through which you can filter the data by enabling them and can also add a list for them under the Setup menu.
Once you enable the groups and add a list for them, you can select them on a sale quotation as well that will help you in reporting also.
Display Product Image at Line Item
Splendid accounts will display the image of the product in line item uploaded under the product page. Also, you have to enable the settings from company settings
Add Sales Representative of Your Business in Quotes
You can choose either salesman, delivery person, or order booker for your quote depending on the settings you made under company settings.
Add an address to a customer
If you are adding a new customer then after entering the name of the customer, switch to Address tab and enter the addresses as per choice as Address 1 and Address 2 and click Save and Close (select save option as per your need). If the customer is already existing in the system, edit the customer detail, and enter the address, your quotes will be updated automatically.
Multiple Printing Sale Quotation Template
Splendid Accounts is offering you a wide variety of sale quotation templates.
Generate and Send Via Email
You can send a sale quotation to your customers after they get approved. Click the “Send Email” button at the bottom of the page by which a pop-up window display viewing all the details for an email. You can also CC the quotation to the desired person. At a time, you can send emails to a maximum of 10 persons.
- From and Reply-To Default splendid account mail settings proceed but if you want to use your email address, you can set it at SMTP settings under company settings
- To: Email addresses of your customers would be defined here, if you have set the customer email address at the customer page system will display that email address by default.
- CC: enter the email address to send yourself a copy of the email.
- Message Body: A default message is given in the email template but it can be changed.
- Email template: Splendid Accounts is offering a default template for sending an email but you can change the content of the message body and get it transformed on the right side of the pop-up window.
- Subject: Splendid Accounts populates the Subject line with the text in the selected email template. You can edit this directly in the field.
- Include PDF attachment: A PDF copy of the invoice is attached when you send an email of the specified quote.
Mark Quote as Accepted/Declined
Once the quotation gets approved it should be set as accepted so that it will be clear and can proceed to make invoices/deliveries from it. But if due to any unfortunate reason sale quotation rejects, set it as declined so that no further proceedings can be taken for the specified quote.
Create an Invoice/Delivery/Order from Quote
Create an Order from Quote
If the quotation gets accepted then an order can be created of the same quotation however it can be modified once the order has been added. Also, the quotation number will be displayed on the order created from it as a reference.
Create a Delivery from Quote
If the quotation gets accepted then delivery can be created of the same quotation however it can be modified once delivery has been added. Also, the quotation number will be displayed on the delivery created from it as a reference.
Create Invoice from Quote
If the quotation gets accepted then an invoice can be created of the same quotation however it can be modified once the invoice has been added. Also, the quotation number will be displayed on the invoice created from it as a reference.
Set Expiry dates for Quotes
You can set the credit limit days at the customer page on which system calculates the expiry date for the customer and displays on Sale quotation. By default, the expiry date is of 30days.
The below screenshot of the expiry date will display on the sale quotation page as per customer you set the credit limit days.
Add Terms and Conditions
In the Terms field, enter your quote’s terms and conditions. You can enter terms and conditions under company settings one time and it will appear on every new quote.
Watermark at the Sales template
For all custom templates, users can now display a watermark image (background image) on the PDFs.
Left margin and right margin in the custom template
An option is added to add spacing at left/right side in the custom templates.
Signatory section at the custom template
At custom templates, signatory sections have been available now so you can select maximum of three signatures at a time at PDF.
Description and narration at the advance filter
Two new filters have been added at all screens were available for the product description and narration of the document in the advance filters option.
A4 and A5 paper size available in Sale Quotation Custom template
Bulk Serial Number Input
Now you can add the series of product serial numbers in Bulk quantity at once in different ways.
- Enter – enter all the serial number with enter key
- Tab – Enter all the numbers by using the tab key of the keyboard
- Character – You can use “,”, “;”, “< space key >”
Multiple discounts at the line item
The system is now allowing to apply multiple discounts on a single line item by enabling the feature from company settings.
Font Size selection at Custom Templates
A new feature has been introduced at custom templates so that user can select a font size for all custom templates.
Border Strip option in custom templates
A new feature has been introduced at custom templates to display alternate shades in the detail section of the document.
Editable label at custom templates
Splendid Accounts enhanced its custom templates specific labels (Document information, detail section, footer section) to be editable, you can rename the labels according to your business terminologies.
Copy comments for Sale Quatation
Splendid accounts is now offering an option under company settings to copy comments from sale quotation to sale order, sale order to sale invoice and onwards.
Displaying break up of all taxes in overall tax amount
Tax amount that has been added in line item is displayed separately in overall amount. You can see this on every screen where tax is applied on amount in line item.
Options to either update price or quantity of product
When a new product is created, there are two options available under the heading of “Do you sell or purchase in fractional units”.
These options have following functionality;
- Change price when amount update
When this checkbox is checked, it will update the price when the amount is changed.
- Change quantity when amount update
When this checkbox is checked, it will update the quantity of product when amount is changed.